What an eventful year ’twas! The year 2006 saw individuals, entities and companies reaching new heights this year. To honor this, the 2006 Great Quizzard’s Blahg Awards were instituted this year. And the winners are…
- GQB Blog of the Year 2006: *drum roll please* …goes to…Great Quizzard’s Blahg! How could this OUTSTANDING blog not get an award!
- GQB Teacher of the Year 2006: Somonnoy Ghosh, Career Launcher! The most amazing physics teacher, or any sort of teacher for that matter, deserves this for some of the most bizarre and amazing antics in normally dull classes. Maybe he’s vying for Jearl Walker on the craziness count…
However, there were some other contenders for ToY, who deserve a mention. Sorry to all those teachers who didn’t get their ToY! They are:
- H K Singh, St George’s School – For the best use of English language in classroom. How can his students ever forget his statement “I’ll teach you about BABES today” when starting the ‘Waves’ chapter in physics. In some bit of useless trivia, the most common doubt among students in the Waves chapter at SGS was “When are we having the practicals…?”
- Vipin Tiwari, Career Launcher – Despite being a late contender, he scores for promotion of extinct languages (aka Hindi); discovering the schizophrenic tap-dancing leg phenomenon; correctly identifying whiteboards as blackboards despite his color blindness.
- S K Srivastav, Career Launcher – For wiping his mouth perennially germ-free by constantly wiping it; and giving relevant examples at all instances, like comparing chemical bonding to railway reservations in olden days (no kidding!).
- Mohit Mathur, Career Launcher – For imparting life skills in every session, like how should alcohols be stored, how to stop alcohol from spoiling, how to waste precious session times (although I must admit, its entertaining).
- Jagjeet Singh, Career Launcher – For not being gay, I’m serious…
- Archana Mishra, DPS VK – For forever encouraging her students to solve problems, by ending every sentence with “you people don’t know anything”. LOL, it’s funny!
- GQB Web Service of the Year 2006: Blogger. Undoubtedly. For the most addictive service on the planet. For empowering users like you and me all over the world with the power to spread their influential thoughts, and shit, all over the cyberspace.
- GQB Computer Symposium of the Year 2006: The most coveted trophy in town went to the ‘Ovarall’ Winners DPS RKPee. Refreshments were highly appreciated, since the pizzas were the largest till now seen in Delhi, and didn’t cause any stomach upsets among any of the participants.
- GQB Quizzer of the Year 2006: Goes to the Great QuizSurd, Gudi for an amazing performance in the TCS IT Wiz 2006, that too all alone! Other contenders – Great Quizzard (obviously!); King Ishaan The Wicked (but couldn’t be given as he ‘prefers to remain anonymous’ [Exun 06]); Manas G (for not shooting the Great Quizzard/Surd with his .357 even during some really competitive quizzing).
That’s enough for now, since we’ve run out of sponsorship money. Winners may look forward to their $ 1 billion prize, which will soon be transferred to their secret Cayman Islands account.