Sorry, GQ, another idea I’ve ripped from you.
I guess it’s sort of late for this post, but then with GQ backing the wrong pics for the Oscars, I’d like to make clear what my choices are…
- Casino Royale: The best Bond movie with the best Bond. Can’t wait for its sequel (rumored to be based on Fleming’s Risico). Awesome (and believable) stunts and great music.
- Da Vinci Code: Don’t get brainwashed by GQ and SA. This was a good movie. Hanks was a bit wooden faced towards the end, but does it really matter?
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest: Depp reprising his Oscar nominated role in a film scored by Hans Zimmer and shot in the Caribbean. What could be better??
- And then, the mediocre…
- The Prestige: Are you watching closely? was the tagline. Looks like I was watching a bit too closely. Because, I had the film worked out by the interval, while Eeshan Chatterjee was still completely at sea, even after the credits had rolled. And, David Jullyan made a complete mess of the music.
- Ice Age II- The Meltdown: Cute and decent little film, but with a predictable storyline.
And finally, take out the trash…
All Hindi movie except RDB and LRM.
Movies I missed…
- M:I:III: Really don’t know how I managed to miss this one.
- Superman Returns: Probably had something to do with the fact that I didn’t think Brandon Routh was a worthy successor to Christopher Reeve.
- Borat: ARE THEY GONNA RELEASE THE DAMN MOVIE IN INDIA OR NOT????