- Wanna know what’s right at the top of my list? People who change the stuff in their name fields to something OTHER than their names. That too multiple times a week. That too something stupid and with loads of gibberish symbols, like
+++*++(()*&&In [email protected] @&^%$*^)7with l\fe++-(*&&^(*
or some such shit. Why the FUCK do these losers have to think its cool? Apart from that, I only use Orkut to connect to people I’m not that much in touch with, like finding old schoolmates etc. It’s self defeating, you know, if I want to search out and add some old school buddy to my friend list, if can’t search them out because of such stupid gibberish. Keep it sensible folks, stick to your name. If you really really want to be a loser, add those corny lines to your personal profile header.
- ‘Scrap’ conversations. I mean, it’s fine if someone asks me a thing or two once in a while which it too trivial for an email but too long for an IM via Orkut, no objection to that. What I hate it scraps like
where the person expects you to reply in real-time. Hello, you morons, it’s a scrap, not a bloody IM service. And guess what, so MANY people carry out full-fledged IM conversations via scrapbooks. Do yourself a favour, and download a good instant messaging client. It will only help prevent identity theft. Given a person diligent enough, the amount of personal information that can be extracted from profiles / scraps is more than enough to hack your ID / stalk you / make fake profiles / get you into trouble. Cyber-stalking can become a very BIG issue if you carry out conversations via scraps.
- Personally, I feel scrapping and IM are bullshit when compared to email. Email rocks, because it doesn’t have the urgency of the other two and give ME, the reader, the opportunity to reply at my own place. I hate to have 20 people trying to talk to me whenever I open an IM window, so these days I don’t even use it.
- Pics…yes. I understand some people putting in abstract pics like I do, that’s a brilliant thing to do. Putting up small pics, which don’t give detail, especially black-and-white ones are good. I do find people putting up pics of movie stars, cartoons etc very irritating.
- In case you thought I use Orkut a lot, I don’t. I simply login when I’ve too many notifications filling my inbox.
- PROFILES TYPED OUT IN ALL CAPS SUCK. LEARN NETIQUETTE, YOU FOOLS! DON’T YOU KNOW IT MEANS SHOUTING? IT HURTS THE EYES SO MUCH WHILE READING. I guess that was hard to read, so please folks, stick to proper case.
- Proper case, yes. Now there are some morons who think MiXinG aNd maTChiNg dIFFereNT caSes iS a rEAl coOl thINg to do. It’s not. Apart from the fact that you might get carpal tunnel syndrome because of constantly pressing down the Shift key, it’s more professional to take time out and compose proper sentences, keeping case in mind. It just goes to show that you care for other people to know about you, and just didn’t make it on one boring Thursday morning in a fit of boredom.
- Stick to one social network…I only use Orkut, even though Facebook seems tempting now. I;d hate to go through all the inviting and friend list adding on some other site. Despite whatever some other site might claim, stay on a network where most of your contacts are.
- More to come later…